Filipino Baguio Beans Stew Recipe (Abitsuelas Guisado)
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||20 minutes|
|Total time||30 minutes|
|Meal type||Main Dish|
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (crashed)
- 1/2 cup Onion (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Pork meat (Cubed)
- 1/4 cup Shrimp
- 1/4kg abitsuelas (baguio beans) (sliced 1)
- 1 cup shrimp soup
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
|Saute onion, garlic, tomato in a preheat oil in a pan.|
|add pork meat until red disappeared and meat is tender|
|add shrimp and abitsuelas (beans).|
|Pour the shrimp soup.|
|Wait until the vegetable is cooked.|
|add salt and pepper to taste.|
Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado is another variety of noodle dish which uses Sotanghon (vermicelli) as the main ingrediënt. This dish typically uses anato seeds or Achiote (achuete) for coloring purposes but since it’s hard to find in our area, if not unavailable, i decided not to include it in the list of ingredients.
Ingredients needed for Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado Dish are::
- 1 klo. Vermicelli noodles
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 kilo chicken
- 1000 ml water
- virgin coconut oil or ordinary cooking oil
- 1 medium sized onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 pcs small-medium sized carrots (julliened)
- about 1 cup spring onions (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp. fish sauce
- fried garlic (optional)
Procedures for cooking Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado Dish:
- Put the chicken cube in the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken and let it simmer until it becomes soft enough to fall apart on its own. (about an hour).
- Remove the chicken from the broth. Set aside the broth for later use.
- Shred the chicken. Discard skin and bones. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic.
- Add the shredded chicken and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots and spring onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and the sotanghon noodles. Mix well while cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with some spring onions and fried garlic.
Filipino Eggplant Caviar is a Filipino Dish typically served during special occasions. Its not a common dish but a healthy one! We want to thank the author for submitting this Filipino Dish. Thanks a lot for your post!!
Ingredients needed for the Filipino Eggplant Caviar are:
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup onion finely sliced.
- 1 cup green bell pepper finely sliced.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 potato finely sliced.
Procedure to prepare Filipino Eggplant Caviar:
- Broil eggplant until roasted. make sure all parts of eggplant is roasted.
- Remove the skin of the broiled eggplant.
- scrape the eggplant and put it in a big bowl.
- throw away the eggplant skin.
- in a pan, saute onion, garlic until golden brown and the green pepper.
- add the scraped eggplant.
- add tomato.
- mix well to cook
- add oil if its sticky already.
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- put the cooked eggplant caviar in a serving dish.
Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is a favorite Filipino dish among children especially cause of it’s sweet taste. Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is typically served during occasions like birthday parties, Christmas and other special occasions. Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad is a fairly easy dish to cook and doesn’t take a lot of time to prepare.
The main ingrediënt needed for the Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad are:
- 250 grams of Elbow Macaroni
- One can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1.5 cups of drained nata de coco (coconut gel)
- One cup of Raisins
- 100 Grams of Cheddar Cheese
- One can of drained Pineapple (500 g)
- One can of drained Fruit Cocktail (500 g)
- One green apple (cubed)
Procedure to prepare Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad:
First bring some water to a cook and place the elbow Macaroni into the pan. Let it boil according to the directions on the package. When done drain the water and rinse the macaroni with cold water and let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
When the macaroni is done place it in a big bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.Mix all the combined ingredients very well and cover the bowl.
Finally place the covered bowl in the fridge for about an hour.
Lastly serve the Filipino Sweet Macaroni Salad cold.
Cheesy Pineapple Chicken is a variation of the traditional Filipino pineapple chicken recipe. Aside from the traditional used chicken and pineapple that are being used for this dish we also added some cheddar cheese to experiment with the taste and I must say, it tasted terrific!
Ingredients needed to make cheesy pineapple chicken:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 kilo boneless chicken. cut into serving size.
- 2-3 tbsp. fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small can pineapple chunks in syrup
- 1 medium size potato, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 small size carrot, peeled, cut into cubes
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 1-2 tsp. sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into square
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Cooking procedure for cheesy pineapple chicken:
In a cooking pan heat the olive oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the chicken and brown all sides. Add in the fish sauce and a few dash of pepper. Mix thoroughly. Add in about 3/4 cup water, the pineapple syrup, the potato and carrots then bring to a boil and simmer until the liquid is reduced to about half. Now increase the heat a little, add in the milk, sugar and pineapple, continue to cook until the vegetables are almost done, stirring occasionally. Add in the bell pepper and continue to cook until all the vegies are cook. Add in the cheese and continue to cook for another minute or until the cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened. Adjust seasoning until you get the desired taste. Serve hot.