Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado is another variety of noodle dish which uses Sotanghon (vermicelli) as the main ingrediënt. This dish typically uses anato seeds or Achiote (achuete) for coloring purposes but since it’s hard to find in our area, if not unavailable, i decided not to include it in the list of ingredients.
Ingredients needed for Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado Dish are::
- 1 klo. Vermicelli noodles
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 kilo chicken
- 1000 ml water
- virgin coconut oil or ordinary cooking oil
- 1 medium sized onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 pcs small-medium sized carrots (julliened)
- about 1 cup spring onions (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp. fish sauce
- fried garlic (optional)
Procedures for cooking Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado Dish:
- Put the chicken cube in the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken and let it simmer until it becomes soft enough to fall apart on its own. (about an hour).
- Remove the chicken from the broth. Set aside the broth for later use.
- Shred the chicken. Discard skin and bones. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic.
- Add the shredded chicken and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots and spring onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and the sotanghon noodles. Mix well while cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with some spring onions and fried garlic.
One of the traditional Filipino Dishes at Birthday Parties, Fiestas and other events in the Philippines is Pancit Bihon (in english Rice Noodles). Noodles originally come from China and were introduced to the Filipino’s by the Chinese. Eversince the Noodles have been a traditional dish in the Philippines and come in various variations.
Ingredients for Filipino Pancit Bihon Dish are:
- An 8 ounce pack of pancit bihon noodles
- 200 Grams of chicken breast, shredded
- 1 onion, pealed and sliced
- Two chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced into small strips
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 big carrot, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- a hand full of chicharo
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 pieces of calamansi
Preparation for Filipino Pancit Bihon Dish:
Start by Soaking the pancit bihon noodles for about 10 minutes until it’s softened. While doing this you can put the oil in a Wok and Sautee the Onions and Garlic. When the garlic has a golden brown color you can add the dissolved chicken bouillon cubes and also the shredded chicken breast with all the vegetables until cooked. Mix everything together with the Pancit Bihon and add some soy sauce for the taste. Let is cook for another 5 minutes until the noodles are soft. Add some salt and petter to taste and serve the Filipino Bihon Dish with some sliced calamansi on the side.